What The Digger Is

This is an explanation of what The Digger is and why you might want to get involved in its construction, or just to comment here.

The Digger is a blog set up by @novychelovek:disqus when Truthdig’s comment section went out for a while in late 2018. It works just like a channel, but Disqus is no longer giving out channels. The URL is https://disqus.com/home/forum/the-digger/

Originally The Digger was to be a place to discuss TD articles until the comment section returned, if it ever did. Then the idea came to be that there’s no reason it would have to be a place for discussing TD articles, which even most posters at TD feel to be generally pretty crappy, so why not have people contribute articles from whatever site for discussion? After all, some sites don’t have comment sections, or they do but they’re not on Disqus, or they moderate comments heavily and mysteriously. And why can’t topics for discussion include posters’ own writing, or whatever they want put up (fiction, poems, music, cartoons, etc)?

We try not to censor; if some troll bothers you, we suggest using the blocking function. I’ve only had to ban one person, and hope not to have to do that again. It is not meant to be a place where only certain POVs are welcome; if it appears to have an editorial bias, that’s only because certain people (like me) predominate. I usually read a few sites in the early morning and, to keep the site going, have been putting up topics from those readings nearly daily, mostly articles that interest me or are particularly informative or seem liable to provoke discussion. I’m hoping others will do the same. If others do, I will do less of it.

So that’s what it is, and will continue to be. However, not many people have contributed. There could be many reasons for that, but one might be that people don’t know about The Digger or its purpose. I’m tagging everyone on my Disqus “following” list, which of course is not all-inclusive to those who might be interested, so I hope those who do get it will spread the word further. I’ve done this before, but only maybe one-quarter of the tags worked, and I don’t know why.

So if you haven’t checked the site out yet, please do, and if there’s anything you’d like to contribute as a topic for discussion, let me know and I’ll walk you through it. It’s not hard; if even I can do it, you can too.

@elizabeth_hayes:disqus

@disqus_d1z2FG9yeM:disqus

@stmccrea:disqus

@larrymotuz:disqus

@jacquelinehoman:disqus

@MrTuttle:disqus

@mrrcrow:disqus

@Atoms_k:disqus

@franciszek2:disqus

@IconoclastTwo:disqus

@iowablackbird:disqus

@iowapinko:disqus

@Kapricorn4:disqus

@MarySparks:disqus

@V4Vendeta:disqus

@ingamarie:disqus

@kyushuphil:disqus

@NurAlia:disqus

@Intbel:disqus

@fbxl5:disqus

@Southernfink:disqus

@abbeysbooks:disqus

@meghan_murphy:disqus

@Jan_Steinman:disqus

@disqus_1iOn9I56m9:disqus

@pifflewink:disqus

@douglas_jack:disqus

@jonathan_mitchell:disqus

@ando_arike:disqus

@mariangriffth:disqus

@disqus_f1ifauuHcC:disqus

@nylene13:disqus

@WhiteRoses_login:disqus

@oneski:disqus

@josefdpinter:disqus

@disqus_0JE1blvaZT:disqus

@disqus_SwUdz4DLo9:disqus

@jackstrawb:disqus

@collectivist:disqus

@supernaturalcat:disqus

@disqus_cOCJAptO2Y:disqus

@Moszep:disqus

@Voltairine_DeCleyre:disqus

@SageThinker:disqus

@blessthebeasts:disqus

@Infarction:disqus

@AndysFastball:disqus

@rosemariejackowski:disqus

@Starfire_1:disqus

@ruffsoft:disqus

@mrredwoodguy:disqus

@disqus_q8fhAVOsw3:disqus

@carolyn_zaremba:disqus

@Orestes60:disqus

@joe_flack:disqus

@sophiasadek:disqus

@disqus_s8h7AQuhf7:disqus

@harlancounty:disqus

@disqus_qr7kE6hvoo:disqus

@disqus_3UzwchoWtm:disqus

@janetroanoke:disqus

@Kalen2:disqus

@scotty_mack:disqus

@disqus_OdhU2tjLcH:disqus

@disqus_VYX0gIhcdo:disqus

@rwemersonii:disqus

@disqus_QOcJ4Yma9K:disqus

@disqus_HKy7w0Kcj0:disqus

@disqus_VNHT5ydhdp:disqus

@disqus_G8sVTZUZjp:disqus

@kathleen_garvey:disqus

@disqus_swRQpKnQ0n:disqus

@disqus_MAis1pIFh4:disqus

@banacekishere:disqus

@desultorydevol:disqus

@nelsonworkman:disqus

@disqus_Yd7xFEoCXV:disqus

@farmerscott:disqus

@disqus_D0gqaX8WRE:disqus

@richardaahs:disqus

@myiamcmillian:disqus

@ubudianroy:disqus

@disqus_WB1O9PZAFw:disqus

@cocoluv9491:disqus

@disqus_yhtWHleVAf:disqus

@disqus_LWCAmKktfI:disqus

@palimpsestuous:disqus


@sharon_marlowe:disqus

Comments